In many cases, good preventive veterinary care protects your pet from disease and poor health. However, just as in human medicine, sometimes our pets experience more complex or chronic problems.
Our staff offers the extensive experience and advanced training to detect and treat diseases and conditions at the earliest stages for optimum results. If a need for a specialist arises, we have a network of trusted providers and will refer you.
Our advanced training and our use of the best possible medical technology go a long way to treating and managing pet illness. Patients with uncommon, difficult-to-manage or multiple coexisting medical conditions can benefit greatly from advanced internal medicine.
Internal medicine encompasses a wide range of disorders and services that include evaluation and treatment of:
- Gastrointestinal disease (vomiting, diarrhea, pancreatitis, weight loss, etc.)
- Metabolic conditions (including diabetes, adrenal gland disease, thyroid disease)
- Liver diseases
- Urinary tract diseases (including kidney and bladder conditions)
- Respiratory conditions (cough, asthma, pneumonia, collapsing trachea, etc.)
- Cardiac (heart) diseases
- Hematologic conditions (disorders of blood cells) and immune system disorders
- Infectious conditions (bacterial, viral, fungal and tick-borne diseases)
The earlier a disorder is diagnosed, the better it will be for your pet's health. That's one of the reasons why regular dog and cat wellness exams are so essential. They enable our veterinarians to give your pet a complete examination and discuss any physical or behavioral changes that may be taking place. These could provide critical clues to underlying health conditions and enable us to diagnose and treat them before they become more serious.Hopefully, your pet will enjoy a lifetime of good health, but isn't it good to know that training in internal medicine is available from your family veterinarian?